Sunday, June 20, 2004

My Two Dads

I was very lucky growing up. I was privledged enough to live in small town rural america, I lived in a big house, was popular and had lots of friends. My childhood summers consisted of lemonaide stands, Nancy Drew mysteries, going to the skating rink and swimming in the one public pool in town. Oh, and all the cow tipping, sheep painting and rat stomping you could handle...but we shant discuss those things right now...another story another time.
My family was the last of all my friends to experience divorce. I was 11 and my parents had really stuck together for several years for my benefit. I do appreciate this on some levels...they never once fought in front of me, and never was the air in the house hostile....they just ignored each other the last two years or so. The divorce itself was horrible...my mother was unfaithful and is still currently married to my step father. I was tossed tween one parent and the other, and ended up a pretty screwed up teenager because of it...but again, another story another time.
My dad did alot of things wrong when I was growing up...he was rarely there in the house with me, and dated alot of women. Can't fault him too much on that one though...my dad can't tolerate being alone for long....and he's a good lookin dude...so party on, pa! My dad's and mine relationship suffered alot for that though, and alot of distance grew tween us, and it's just been in the last few years that I feel like I've grown close to my dad on every level...he's adjusting to the fact that I'm not his little girl anymore, and I'm getting over hating him for my feelings of abandonment. I love my daddy...Happy Fathers Day, Pa!
My step father is one of the most amazing men I've ever had the privledge of knowing in my life. He has been there for me since day one...the first time I met him, I was 11 and he welcomed me with a big hug and a smile that still to this day warms my heart. He's goofy and a smartass...and I can always count on him to cheer me up when things are going down for me. He's a truck driver which makes what Imma bout to say make alot more sense...I think the most prevelant part of my personality comes from my step dad. He taught me strength, and integrity, and how to make fun and laugh at myself. Three of the most important things I think a person can possess within themselves. I love you, Jimbob...Happy Fathers Day!
Needless to say, I made two phone calls this afternoon....my dad was watching golf...my step father was driving his way cross country to see Eric Clapton in concert...heh.

Happy Father's Day to all the daddy's and all the daddy's in waiting.

Listening To: Alice Cooper - Poison





28 | Mom of two girls (12 & 9) |
Wife | Sting Devotee | Neurotic |
Sarcastic | Pissed Off | Native Oregonian |
Salty | Sweet | Chewy Nougat Center |

Freelance webdesigner, trying to get her start again, with a new year, a clear head, and serious talent here, people.

Help get me to see The Police! If you donate (any amount a buck or more) you'll be entered in a drawing for a free design by me!



100 Things | 9 Layers

**Amazon Wishlist**
**Think Geek Wishlist**


Dogster





www.flickr.com



All of these pre-made designs are for sale for $25. Price includes customization and installation. Each design will only be used once, so you're guaranteed a one of a kind design without the wait!

Email me for more information or to purchase.


















Djimon Hounsou
He makes me all mushy.



CURRENTLY:


Silent Witness: The Death Of Terri Schiavo
~Mark Fuhrman~




He's My Homefry
Miss Jackson If Ya Nastay
Aside from this unfortunate business, everything's...
Repetition works, David. Repetition works, David.
Welcome To Hell!!!
Hugs are in order!
AHHHHHHHHHH!
Do I look like a beautiful blonde with big tits an...
Buy Me Stuff!!!
From here you can get an excellent view of my ass




Daily Reads
-----------------------------------------


Every Other Day
------------------------------------------


Other Schtuff
------------------------------------------
Postcard X
Dearly Departed Tours
Homestar Runner







I'm a Top Mommma!

lavalife.com website counters




ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community





Email me if you're interested in having me do you're next design. I come cheap. Well, sorta cheap...but definitely easy.