Monday, July 12, 2004

Please Don't Climb The Rusticles

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G day yesterday. One of the best days I've had in a loooooong time. It was one of those days where nothing can go wrong. Lots of fun was had, lots of mischief was gotten into and all without the aid of alcohol. It's still amazing to me when I look back at my life over the last year and realize what a big pile of mess I was. The abusive way I treated people who cared about me, the substances I consumed. I was a different person then, and I'm liking the person I am, again. And it's been awhile since I've really LIKED myself.
I spent the day with Mr. Zed. There has been alot of problems with our relationship in the past, but I feel now like it's really important that we make things right, and for the first time in what seems like an eternity, I'm enjoying spending time with him again. He's changed as much as I have, and it's healthy to be friends with someone you live with...at least that's what Dr. Phil said. So anyway we spent the day at OMSI, the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. They have an awesome Titanic exhibit right now, and we spent a good two hours going through that. The funniest part was seeing the sign that proclaimed in big red bold letters, PLEASE DON'T CLIMB THE RUSTICLES! Seeing all the artifacts that they've brought up from the wreck was way groovy. They have managed to retrieve things from the bottom of the ocean, 80 some years later in near perfect condition. Champagne bottles still filled with Champagne, plates, cups all with minimal chips/dents/scratches. I've always been fascinated with the Titanic, I bought the game when it came out, I have some of the Discovery Channel specials on tape...yup I am a geek.
In between seeing the actual exhibit, we saw the IMAX Titanica movie. Seeing a movie in that theater is always a treat. It's a 75 foot screen that is domed, so it feels like you are in the movie. I always end up getting a little motion sick in there but a little 7-up afterwards and I'm good as new. We also saw a Planetarium show about the NW Skys, which wasn't done very well, and the announcer guy sounded like he had tipped a few back before he got in front of the mic. Whatever, it was still relaxing.
After all that, we ended up down in NE Portland, the hood, and saw the neighborhood crack dealer selling a tray full of bobblehead dogs. We tried to catch him, but he was gone by the time we got around to him. I soooo wanted one of the crackish bobbleheads. Maybe next time. We rented the movie Monster, which was awesome, I'll put a review up on the other site maybe later, and played PS2 until about 1:30 in the morning when I passed out.
All in all, it was an awesome day. And a day that I've been needing for a long time....this doesn't sound very exciting, having read it over, and I did promise an exciting funny filled post today...ok here's your excitement...Today, I went grocery shopping and I found microwave popcorn on sale 2 for $2!!! That's exciting, right?!?!?! And for your funny, a poem containing the word Timbuktu....

Me and Tim a huntin' went,
Met three whores in a pop-up tent.
They was three,
and we was two
So I bucked one,
and Timbuktu.

TA-DAAAAA!!!!

Listening To: Dr Dre - Dre Day





28 | Mom of two girls (12 & 9) |
Wife | Sting Devotee | Neurotic |
Sarcastic | Pissed Off | Native Oregonian |
Salty | Sweet | Chewy Nougat Center |

Freelance webdesigner, trying to get her start again, with a new year, a clear head, and serious talent here, people.

Help get me to see The Police! If you donate (any amount a buck or more) you'll be entered in a drawing for a free design by me!



100 Things | 9 Layers

**Amazon Wishlist**
**Think Geek Wishlist**


Dogster





www.flickr.com



All of these pre-made designs are for sale for $25. Price includes customization and installation. Each design will only be used once, so you're guaranteed a one of a kind design without the wait!

Email me for more information or to purchase.


















Djimon Hounsou
He makes me all mushy.



CURRENTLY:


Silent Witness: The Death Of Terri Schiavo
~Mark Fuhrman~




What a Day!
Fat Bottomed Girls...They Make the World Go Round
I've Gone To My Happy Place
Pant gasp pant gasp GAH!
We got places all over the place...
Death, Distruction and Ninja Kids!!
Bitching and Hormoning
It Get's Worse!!!
Cuz we're a bunch of Fun-gi's
Because I said So...




Daily Reads
-----------------------------------------


Every Other Day
------------------------------------------


Other Schtuff
------------------------------------------
Postcard X
Dearly Departed Tours
Homestar Runner







I'm a Top Mommma!

lavalife.com website counters




ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community





Email me if you're interested in having me do you're next design. I come cheap. Well, sorta cheap...but definitely easy.