Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Playboy + Nudity = Obsession

I've been a Playboy groupie for at least a couple of years now. I say groupie cuz I think that's the difference between being a fan of something and being borderline obsessed. That's me....Playboy Groupie. I love the lifestyle that it represented, I love the women, I love the photography, and I do love me some Hef. C'mon, that guy is like 139 years old, and he's still boinking playmates inbetween spa treatments and lunch at Spago's. Hef's Da Man.
I do readily admit that the quality of playmates has declined significantly since Neferteri Shepherd (July 2000), they are still virtually the epitome of female beauty. Some of the most beautiful woman in the world got their start in Playboy....Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Bettie Page and Pamela Anderson...just to name a few. It's also given us some classic folley's to laugh about...Anna Nichole (Vickie) Smith, and The Shauna Sand/Lorenzo Lamas debacle.
I've always had the theory, though, that the playmates are getting smaller as time goes on....smaller meaning thinner. While this is all nice and swell for Playboy's sales, I don't really like rail thin women...so I did some homework and found the average size of the playmates through the decades. And YES, I did this all on my own, researching the measurements of EVERY playmate since Marilyn's appearance in December 1953. It took some time, but the results were worth it in my own little Playboy groupie mind...here's what I found:

The 50's - 46 Playmates counted and the average measurements were as follows:

Measurements: 36-20-35
Height: 5'5
Weight: 116 lbs

I'm really hoping that waist size was due to the serious girdle action those women were sporting....cuz dayummmmm.

The 60's - 118 Playmates Counted and the average measurements were this:

Measurements: 36-23-35
Height: 5'5
Weight: 115 lbs

The 70's - 121 Playmates Counted (1 set of twins) and the average were these:

Measurements: 36-24-35
Height: 5'6
Weight: 114 lbs

The 80's - 118 Playmates Counted (2 Playmates had measurements in Metric so I couldn't do those two) but the average is this:

Measurements: 35-23-34
Height: 5'6
Weight: 112 lbs

The 90's - 123 Playmates Counted (Dahm Triplets made for two extra) here were the average:

Measurements: 34-23-34
Height: 5'6
Weight: 113 lbs

The 2000's - 51 Playmates Counted...this was the average:

Measurements: 34-23-34
Height: 5'7
Weight: 112 lbs

So, basically, I was right...the playmates are slowly but surely on average getting smaller....although I did notice an insurgence of TALL ASS WOMEN in the last ten years. Mostly from the midwest....must be in the water down there.
I may be the only person on Earth who find these numbers interesting...but it solved a long standing question I had floating around in my already too filled brain.
I've also been considering doing a Playmate of the Week kind of feature on Zed's Dead....Kind of a look back at some of the finer Playmates of years past....I may or may not, it would be alot of work, since I am that Playboy Groupie, and couldn't just do something like that halfassed....but if you people are interested in something like that, leave me comments, and I'll hop to it...I live to serve.

Until then...enjoy my favorite Playmate of all time...Tiffany Taylor (Miss November 1998)







28 | Mom of two girls (12 & 9) |
Wife | Sting Devotee | Neurotic |
Sarcastic | Pissed Off | Native Oregonian |
Salty | Sweet | Chewy Nougat Center |

Freelance webdesigner, trying to get her start again, with a new year, a clear head, and serious talent here, people.

Help get me to see The Police! If you donate (any amount a buck or more) you'll be entered in a drawing for a free design by me!



100 Things | 9 Layers

**Amazon Wishlist**
**Think Geek Wishlist**


Dogster





www.flickr.com



All of these pre-made designs are for sale for $25. Price includes customization and installation. Each design will only be used once, so you're guaranteed a one of a kind design without the wait!

Email me for more information or to purchase.


















Djimon Hounsou
He makes me all mushy.



CURRENTLY:


Silent Witness: The Death Of Terri Schiavo
~Mark Fuhrman~




Happy Birthday, Dorkus!
No More!!!
Happy Birthday!
DONE!
At Least I Wasn't Uggs
You Can Tell By The Cleanliness Of The Carnage.
They Got Everything From A Diddle-Eyed Joe To Damn...
Random Randomosity
Was It the Michael Moore Post??
...go to work on homes' here with a pair of pliers...




Daily Reads
-----------------------------------------


Every Other Day
------------------------------------------


Other Schtuff
------------------------------------------
Postcard X
Dearly Departed Tours
Homestar Runner







I'm a Top Mommma!

lavalife.com website counters




ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community





Email me if you're interested in having me do you're next design. I come cheap. Well, sorta cheap...but definitely easy.