Tuesday, June 29, 2004

The Song Remains...Confusing

Kashmir by Led Zepplin has always been one of my fave songs, and I probably listen to it once a day. I realized just a few minutes ago, that I really have no idea what they are saying in most of the song...so I whipped out my handy dandy Google, looked up the lyrics, and immediatly had flashbacks to my Junior year Psychology class, where I was made to decipher the meaning of Stairway To Heaven. So tell me, what the mary hell does this damn song mean....

Kashmir - Led Zepplin
----------------------
Whoa, let the sun beat down upon my face
And stars to fill my dream
I am a traveler of both time and space
To be where I have been
T' sit with elders of the gentle race
This world has seldom seen
Th' talk of days for which they sit and wait
All will be revealed

Talk and song from tongues of lilting grace
Whose sounds caress my ear
But not a word I heard could I relate
The story was quite clear
Whoa-hoh, whoa-wa-oh

Oooh, oh baby, I been flyin'
Lord, yeah, mama, there ain't no denyin'
Oh, oooh yes, I've been flying
Mama, mama, ain't no denyin', no denyin'

Oh, all I see turns to brown
As the sun burns the ground
And my eyes fill with sand
As I scan this wasted land
Tryin' to find, tryin' to find where I been

Oh, pilot of the storm who leaves no trace
Like thoughts inside a dream
Heed the path that led me to that place
Yellow desert stream
My Shangri-La beneath the summer moon
Will return again
Sure as the dust that floats b'hind you
When movin' through Kashmir

Oh, father of the four winds, fill my sails
Across the sea of years
With no provision but an open face
'Long the straits of fear
Whaoh, whaoh
Whaoh-oh, oh

Ohhhh

Well, when I want, when I'm on my way, yeah
When I see, when I see the way, you stay-yeah

Ooh, yeah-yeah, ooh, yeah-yeah, well I'm down, yes
(lots of ooooh's and yeah's from here on out)

What say you, Dr. Frued?

Listening To: Al Green - Sha-La-La (Make Me Happy)





28 | Mom of two girls (12 & 9) |
Wife | Sting Devotee | Neurotic |
Sarcastic | Pissed Off | Native Oregonian |
Salty | Sweet | Chewy Nougat Center |

Freelance webdesigner, trying to get her start again, with a new year, a clear head, and serious talent here, people.

Help get me to see The Police! If you donate (any amount a buck or more) you'll be entered in a drawing for a free design by me!



100 Things | 9 Layers

**Amazon Wishlist**
**Think Geek Wishlist**


Dogster





www.flickr.com



All of these pre-made designs are for sale for $25. Price includes customization and installation. Each design will only be used once, so you're guaranteed a one of a kind design without the wait!

Email me for more information or to purchase.


















Djimon Hounsou
He makes me all mushy.



CURRENTLY:


Silent Witness: The Death Of Terri Schiavo
~Mark Fuhrman~




Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is wo...
Farenheit 9/11
Okay, first things fuckin' last
Mommy Dearest
Kiss My Opinion
It Aint No Rudy
I'm Sex Machine....pleased to meet you.
To Whom It May Concern...
They Talk Alot...Don't They?
Pop My Corn




Daily Reads
-----------------------------------------


Every Other Day
------------------------------------------


Other Schtuff
------------------------------------------
Postcard X
Dearly Departed Tours
Homestar Runner







I'm a Top Mommma!

lavalife.com website counters




ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community





Email me if you're interested in having me do you're next design. I come cheap. Well, sorta cheap...but definitely easy.