Friday, August 13, 2004

100 Years...100 Songs

I just watched the AFI 100 Years 100 Songs special, and I gotta say they did alot better with this one then they did with their 100 Years 100 Laughs special. I think that music is such an integral part of any film. It sets the mood, and almost becomes a central character if done correctly. I agreed with most of their choices, although I would have put Moon River higher up on the list, but only because Miss Audrey is my favorite actress and Breakfast At Tiffany's is one of my fave movies...but we can't win em all right.

Here were the top 20...

  1. Over The Rainbow - Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz (1939)
  2. As Time Goes By - Dooley Wilson in Casablanca (1942)
  3. Singin' In The Rain - Gene Kelly in Singin In The Rain (1952)
  4. Moon River - Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast At Tiffany's (1961)
  5. White Christmas - Bing Crosby in Holiday Inn (1942)
  6. Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkle in The Graduate (1967)
  7. When You Wish Upon A Star - Cliff Edwards in Pinocchio (1940)
  8. The Way We Were - Barbara Streisand in The Way We Were (1973)
  9. Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees in Saturday Night Fever (1977)
  10. The Sound Of Music - Julie Andrews in The Sound Of Music (1965)
  11. The Man That Got Away - Judy Garland in A Star Is Born (1954)
  12. Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend - Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953)
  13. People - Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl (1968)
  14. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion in Titanic (1997)
  15. Cheek To Cheek - Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers in Top Hat (1935)
  16. Evergreen - Barbara Streisand in A Star Is Born (1976)
  17. I Could Have Danced All Night - Audrey Hepburn/Marni Nixon in My Fair Lady (1964)
  18. Cabaret - Liza Minelli in Cabaret (1972)
  19. Some Day My Prince Will Come - Adriana Caselotti in Snow White (1937)
  20. Somewhere - Natalie Wood/Marni Nixon in West Side Story (1961)

If you wanna check out the rest of the list you can go here.

Listening To: The Jets - You Got It All






28 | Mom of two girls (12 & 9) |
Wife | Sting Devotee | Neurotic |
Sarcastic | Pissed Off | Native Oregonian |
Salty | Sweet | Chewy Nougat Center |

Freelance webdesigner, trying to get her start again, with a new year, a clear head, and serious talent here, people.

Help get me to see The Police! If you donate (any amount a buck or more) you'll be entered in a drawing for a free design by me!



100 Things | 9 Layers

**Amazon Wishlist**
**Think Geek Wishlist**


Dogster





www.flickr.com



All of these pre-made designs are for sale for $25. Price includes customization and installation. Each design will only be used once, so you're guaranteed a one of a kind design without the wait!

Email me for more information or to purchase.


















Djimon Hounsou
He makes me all mushy.



CURRENTLY:


Silent Witness: The Death Of Terri Schiavo
~Mark Fuhrman~




And They All Lived...Eh Screw It.
I Like Valium
Let's Discuss...
The Potato From HELL
No Alpo
Seperated At Birth??
Miss Scarlet's Come Home To Tara...
The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
The Fuck Me In The Ass Bar & Grill
It's All About This Cooze Who's A Regular Fuck Mac...




Daily Reads
-----------------------------------------


Every Other Day
------------------------------------------


Other Schtuff
------------------------------------------
Postcard X
Dearly Departed Tours
Homestar Runner







I'm a Top Mommma!

lavalife.com website counters




ORblogs - Oregon Weblogs Community





Email me if you're interested in having me do you're next design. I come cheap. Well, sorta cheap...but definitely easy.